Wednesday, July 17, 2013

1 The first thing that you should do is find some good reference.You can see were the tank get dust and mud build up.Some thing I have done in the past If you have photo shop,is you take your reference,and pic the color with your eye dopper tool,so you can mach the picture.Then you mix you color to the color that you picked.Its a good idea to right down the mixture of your colors so it will stay consistent. This is a real good idea trust me.

Here is the reference that I am using.

This after I have pick the colors in Photo shop or any painting program,There is also a free program
named, Gimp, it works very well.
 well that is the 1st step next I will talk about getting the model ready to piant.

1 comment:

  1. The dapper thingy: genius. I am so bad at seeing a color's true hue in the context of other colors in a picture. I use that tool all the time for copying colors for pictures, why have I never done it for mini painting? Great tip.

    It'll be a while before I have my studio set up in my new house and will be able to paint, but I'm looking forward to the rest of this.

    ReplyDelete